Friday, April 11, 2014

My Oatmeal Review!!!

I was recently given the opportunity to review some products from My Oatmeal a company that specializes in customized oatmeal, as well as customizable dehydrated powdered peanut butter. I was immediately drawn to this company because the sound of making your own flavored peanut butter and oatmeal sounds amazing! I couldn't wait to try it! Also everything is made to order so you know it is super fresh and made exactly how you want it!

As soon as I found out I was given the opportunity to review it I went straight to the website to concoct my special flavor! I had thought I was going to get some peanut butter and some oatmeal but the more I thought about it and the more I looked at what flavors of PB there were I knew that is what I was going to order. I love the idea of oatmeal but it is just not my favorite thing. I try it and try it and want to like it but eat half of it and am all set. Peanut butter on the other hand that I could eat all day everyday!

I started looking through all the flavors and saw that they had a cake flavor and I knew that was going to be the first one! I used light roasted peanuts, cake batter, vanilla frosting and sweet icing flavors and some brown cane sugar granules. I knew I wanted to bake with it so I didn't want to add any fruit or anything crunchy. I named this one CAKE PB!!!!! Creative I know, feel free to come to me if you need an awesome name for your PB creation! The next flavor creation I came up with was.....wait for it.....Caramel Smores PB!!!!! (yes this is what I called it..I know I know best name ever don't be jealous!) Anyway this one consisted of light roasted peanuts as well, smores, dark caramel and graham cracker flavor. I also added the same sugar and no fruit or crunchy stuff. I played with my order a few times before I came to the final result and then eagerly awaited it's arrival!


My PB came in about a week maybe a few days less. I was headed out but needed to open it ASAP and smell it! As soon as I opened CAKE PB!!!! it instantly smelled like cake batter and I knew it was going to be delicious. Same with the Smores PB the smell was just amazing and really smelled like the flavors! The following day I made pancakes with the different flavors. I couldn't wait to try them! The PB came with a little recipe card on how to make these so I couldn't wait and whipped up two small batches. My boyfriend and I ate them and they were pretty good, a little dense but I liked the flavor. Even my boyfriend like them which was surprising he doesn't normally like the healthier food I try, however he said he could taste the protein in them....I beg to differ. I can't say whether I liked the Cake or the Smores better they were both so delicious!!






I also made chocolate chip cookies with the PB too with both flavors and these were super good as well. I just goggled a dehydrated PB cookie recipe and went from there. I think I liked these better than the pancakes but I will make both of them again to truly be the judge!

One thing I will say though is that I made this into regular PB and was not a fan. I needed it to have more of a nutty, sweeter flavor. I am completely fine with this though I would rather bake with it. It is much easier then using sticky peanut butter. You all know what I am talking about they ask for a 1/4 cup of pb and you are totally unsure if you have filled the measuring cup up completely and then you can't get that last bit out either so you just add an extra spoonful. Well ladies and gents this powdered stuff....much easier!

All and all I am super happy with the flavors I picked. I can't wait to try new recipes and create new things with this stuff! Also I feel better about eating pancakes and cookies when I know they have extra protein in them! I would absolutely recommend you go check out My Oatmeal and make some of your own creations!

Disclosure: I was provided this product via Fit Approach for my original thoughts and opinions on My Oatmeal

No comments:

Post a Comment