Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekly Update!!

Happy Monday...well it is almost over thank god Monday's are the worst! So I wanted to do a weekly update of last weeks workouts and such.

As you may know I had a half marathon last Sunday the Rock 'n' Roll half marathon so I was going to take it easy this week. I ended up running 5.5 on Tuesday which went well I ran really fast but was pretty tired at the end. I was toying with running a local half marathon this Sunday (yesterday) so I wanted to take it easy with my runs for the remainder of the week. I then ran 4 on Wednesday which felt about the same as the day before and then decided to take Thursday, Friday and Saturday off. I was going to run 3 on Thursday but thought that three miles isn't going to do anything for me I am still going to be able to run the half on Sunday.

On Saturday I decided for sure to sign up for the local half that I had been thinking about, the Harwich Cranberry Harvest Half Marathon.  I laid low on Saturday preparing for my race Sunday afternoon.

The Race Started at noon on Sunday which I will do a recap of in a few days but I will go over something I learned from this race, since this was not my best race at all...In face I felt pretty bad when I finished by I finished and that is all the matters right...

Things I learned....

1. Don't start too fast! This was my biggest down fall during this race. I started off running way too fast, and was not feeling too hot around mile 10.

2. You are not going to be the last person so stop thinking that! I always freak myself out and when I see people passing me I think "OH MY GOD! I AM GOING TO BE THE LAST PERSON TO FINISH!" I will never walk during a race so I know that I will not be the last person in. 

3. Run your own race! I know I am not going to win...well I might...haha...however I am not going out there trying to be the best one. I am running for me and only me and doing the best I can.  I need to remind myself of this because sometime I get carried away in how other people are running around me or oh that person is running faster then me I should speed up. It is not about them it is about me, and no matter how I finish or what my time might be I finished and that is all that should matter.

Two more exciting things from last week....

My boyfriend finished my medal hanger! Note I did the painting and the lettering and all the glitter but he helped me with the knobs and hanging it on the wall and I couldn't be happier about it and can't wait to fill it up with more medals!!!!!!


Lastly I woke up this morning to a nice surprise on twitter....I was picked as the Swirlgirl of the week by Swirlgear! 


I was so excited!! What a great way to start a Monday! Go check out Swirlgear, they are a great company and their runnings clothes are so comfortable! 

That is it for now Harwich Cranberry Harvest Half Recap coming soon!!




1 comment:

  1. Great pointers Kara! I will keep those in mind this coming Saturday at the Hartford Half!

    ReplyDelete